Entertainment Around Town Center this Summer
The longer days and warmer nights of Summer are here, making it a perfect time to get around town for fresh entertainment options and musical inspiration. Every year this time, we get excited to experience live music along the waterfront, or just down the street from us, inside Town Center. From free performances to ticketed, in-demand events, we simply cannot wait to experience entertainment around town in the summer.
There's something wonderful about spending July evenings outdoors listening to live music, or cozying up inside a cool performance hall for a magical show in the middle of steamy August. Whether its a Sunday matinee, a Wednesday after work beside the Town Center fountain or a Saturday night spent beneath the stars with Opera in the Park, our town has made an art of summer entertainment for everyone.
We've compiled a list of options to help you stay connected and inspired all seaon long. Grab a close friend or family member, or gather a group for your next evening out on the town this summer at any one of these not-to-be-missed entertainment options...
- Lyle Lovett at Sandler Center. Lyle Lovett will be out with his large band for this incredible performance at nearby Sandler Center. Prepare for soulful tunes, hilarious commentary and a night you won't forget.
- Y Not Wednesdays at Sandler Center. These free summer concerts take place every Wednesday evening at the Sandler Center Plaza and include a bountiful Farmer's Market. Shop, dance and unwind at dusk just minutes from your front door.
- Frank Sings Frank at Town Center Fountain. Head back out to the Town Center fountain plaza for free ambient music on this sure to be inspiring Sunday evening.
- Idina Menzel World Tour. Get your tickets now to experience Idina Menzel's powerful voice in person at Chrysler Hall this August.
- Norfolk Waterfront Jazz Festival. Enjoy live jazz along the banks of the Elizabeth River at Town Point Park for this annual jazz festival hosted by Norfolk's Festevents.
- Steve Tyrell in Concert. Spend another evening at beautiful Town Point Park listening to grammy award winning vocalist Steve Tyrell, and be swept away by the classic pop standards you know and love.
- Opera in the Park. This is the 7th year of Opera in the Park hosted inside Town Point Park and featuring the Virgina Opera's finest talent.
- Chicago with Earth, Wind and Fire at Farm Bureau Live. Dance the night away outdoors at Virginia Beach's Farm Bureau Live Ampitheater to the tunes of two of your all-time favorite bands.
Photo | Virginia Beach Town Center
Filed Under: Life at Silver Hill
Mira Roberts studied writing at New York University, graduating with a BA in English Literature before pursuing a career in media, marketing and management with PARADE Magazine, Portfolio Magazine, AltDaily, skirt! and lululemon athletica. A full time mother, writing instructor and part-time freelance writer, Mira lives and laughs with her family in Norfolk, VA.
comments powered by Disqus