Hampton Roads 2015 Dining Guide
One of the greatest perks of living at the center of the Hampton Roads community in Town Center is having easy access to the area's best restaurants. Whatever the occasion, and whomever the company, you're sure to find an excellent dining choice to satisfy your need nearby.
Just moments from your front door, experience authentic and exquisite Indian food, homemade Italian pasta, a fresh slice of gourmet pizza or a refreshing chopped salad. Head just a little farther east and sample fine dining with unique twists on local seafood and garden fresh produce. Gather with your loved ones for an extraordinary Sunday brunch, experience a historic downtown Norfolk original or dine al fresco on picnic tables by the bay.
All the flavor, ambience and service you deserve are all within your grasp, but you may be wondering where to start and when to go. We've compiled a diverse list of some of Hampton Roads' finest nearby restaurants, and called it our very own dining guide to help you make your choices. From brunch to lunch to dinner and everything in between, we think our dining guide has exactly the menu you've been looking for. Cheers!
- Saffron Indian Bistro. This stunning, authentic Indian restaurant is located within Town Center and is mere moments away. Satisfying, sophisticated dishes and impeccable service will win you over when you're looking to diversify your next night out.
- Bravo Cucina Italiana. Looking for a hearty meal to feed the family for a special occasion? Bravo's lunch, dinner and brunch menus are delicious and wide ranging in style from light salads to meaty pastas.
- California Pizza Kitchen. Also tucked into Town Center, just minutes away, this casual, relaxed restaurant will bring your gourmet pizza or chopped salad to you fast enough to make that sunday matinee right on time.
- Zia Marie. When you want to experience authentic italian food in a cozy, charming, beach environment, you want Zia Marie. Just off of Shore Drive, and a short drive from your front door, Zia Marie meals are one of a kind.
- Sonoma Wine Bar and Bistro. Sumptuous wine paired with a truly remarkable cheese plate, savory small plates and unique entrees make a day or night out at Sonoma a sophisticated and delightful experience.
- Terrapin. A local favorite for fine dining and high caliber service, Terrapin is a perfect spot for a very special occasion. Find local seafood and produce cooked and combined to perfection, and enjoy a service team that truly knows their stuff.
- Zoes Steak and Seafood. Another local favorite for superb seafood and deliciously prepared steak, Zoes boasts an incredible wine list, private dining area and some seriously innovative food combinations.
- 219 Bistro. Located in the heart of downtown Norfolk, and just a quick ride away on I-264, 219 Bistro features an unmatched brunch menu with a decadent bloody mary bar that is truly a unique experience. To-die-for crabcakes, charming decor and a front row seat onto the vibrant life in downtown Norfolk, this restaurant has great energy.
- Omar's Carriage House. This historic, long time Norfolk favorite opened its doors in the early 1840s to horses (as their carriage house) before being converted to a restaurant 100 years later. Their friendly staff and tried and true menu have stood the test of time, and any guest can expect a solid dining experience coupled with a unique, historic experience.
- Leaping Lizard Cafe. Laid back, relaxed and tucked back off of Shore Drive and the Chesapeake Bay, crowd favorites at Leaping Lizard are their delicious chicken salad sandwiches and hearty, southern style salads. Kick back on picnic tables, and delight in a sunny Saturday morning or afternoon at this local favorite.
Photo | Yelp
Filed Under: Life at Silver Hill
Mira Roberts studied writing at New York University, graduating with a BA in English Literature before pursuing a career in media, marketing and management with PARADE Magazine, Portfolio Magazine, AltDaily, skirt! and lululemon athletica. A full time mother, writing instructor and part-time freelance writer, Mira lives and laughs with her family in Norfolk, VA.
comments powered by Disqus