6 Sensational Summer Fruit Recipes
Summer fruits are some of our favorites with their juicy, delicious flavors and their bright, beautiful colors. Whether we're dicing them up to complete a fresh, fruit salad, eating them fresh from the farm or baking them up into a cobbler, we can't resist their sweet, seasonal goodness.
We enjoy stocking up on fresh, local produce throughout the summer, and incorporating seasonal fruits and vegetables into our daily meals, family gatherings, barbeques, picnics and potlucks. There's no right way to prepare summer's ripest fruits, but we do have a few favorite dessert recipes that our friends and family beg for, every year.
If you're wondering what to do with your beautiful bounty of seasonal fruit produce, you've come to the right place. We've chosen 6 sensational summer fruit recipes that will wow your friends, family and neighbors. Just be careful to prepare enough-we'll bet they'll be back for seconds. Cheers!
- Orange Angel Food Cake with Strawberries. Light, fluffy and soft, this airy and bright angel food cake recipe will blow you away with fresh twists like orange soaked strawberries and a cake flavored with orange zest.
- Easy Peach Cobbler. Peaches are one of our favorite summer fruits, and we enjoy preparing them in a variety of ways. This easy to make cobbler recipe brings out the pure peach flavor and goes perfectly with a cool scoop of vanilla ice cream.
- Summer Fruit Crostada. Leave it to Ina Garten to come up with a dessert that includes nearly every one of our favorite summer fruits. This gorgeous crostada recipe will impress your friends and family, and win over your taste buds from start to finish.
- Late Summer Trifle. This recipe will definitely require a little more legwork to complete, so you may want to wait and whip this one up over the weekend. The luscious flavors and beautiful execution will be well worth the time involved. We promise!
- Milk Chocolate Banana Pudding. This decadent dessert recipe will please every member of your family from every age. This creamy, sweet delight is a perfect dish to bring to a potluck or family gathering.
- Lemon Meringue Pie. This incredible dish comes straight from Martha Stewart's impressive online recipe site and is as light, airy and flavorful as you can imagine.
Photo | Martha Stewart
Filed Under: Life at Silver Hill
Mira Roberts studied writing at New York University, graduating with a BA in English Literature before pursuing a career in media, marketing and management with PARADE Magazine, Portfolio Magazine, AltDaily, skirt! and lululemon athletica. A full time mother, writing instructor and part-time freelance writer, Mira lives and laughs with her family in Norfolk, VA.
comments powered by Disqus