Traditional Holiday Cookie Recipes
There's something magical about the scent of freshly baked cookies and a warm oven that really brings the holidays to life each year. Spicy gingerbread, buttery, sugar cookies and rich chocolate chip wafting through your kitchen and home somehow make the season right.
If you're burned out on your same old cookie recipes, mix it up this year with traditional recipes that are packed with flavor, color and so much holiday goodness. Whether you prefer to bake with your family or by yourself, these recipes are a delight to create and to eat! If you have the time, choose several recipes, and make mixed bags for your friends, neighbors and family members as gifts.
The holidays are a wonderful time to celebrate family, friendship and community, while giving thanks. Share your holiday season with an extra batch of sweetness, and whip up any of these delicious, classic holiday cookie recipes today!
- Sugar Cookie Cutouts. Invite the children or grandchildren over and break out your tried and true cookie cutters to put this classic recipe to good work. You'll love the way they taste, and the kids will get a kick out of the delightful shapes and designs they make!
- Biscotti. Leave it to Martha Stewart to bring us a delicious and satisfying biscotti recipe that pairs perfectly with a warm cup of coffee on cold mornings. You can also wrap these up and give them as gifts, or enjoy them as a late afternoon snack.
- Old-Fashioned Gingerbread Man. These cookies are as fun to eat as they are to make, and people of all ages get excited about a warm, chewy gingerbread man cookie! Prepare these before a holiday gathering, a cookie exchange or simply for your own enjoyment!
- Lemon Shortbread. Refreshing lemon flavor merges with buttery, soft shortbread in this classic recipe that smells as good as it tastes. You won't be able to eat just one, so double up the recipe if you know you have a weakness for shortbread!
- Chocolate Dipped Coconut Macaroons. While macaroons do take a bit more labor and prep time, the results make it worth the work and the wait. This decadent and delightful recipe will be a crowd favorite, and is the perfect recipe for coconut lovers.
- Classic Chocolate Chip. There's just nothing like an old-fashioned, made-from-scratch, chocolate chip cookie, and this recipe is a classic winner. Turn up your favorite holiday tunes, break out your favorite apron and fill your home with the scent of deep, rich chocolate, butter and sugar!
- German Chocolate Cookies. It doesn't get more decadent than these cookies, and if you really want to go big with flavor, this recipe is your answer. Deep, rich chocolate cake flavor in the shape and size of a cookie makes this recipe a winner!
- Hazelnut Snowballs. Toasted hazelnut and light, fluffy confectioners sugar make these snowballs a true winter delight. Wrap them up for a cookie exchange, or pop them in your mouth on cold, windy afternoons. Either way, you'll be glad you did!
- Raspberry Lemon Thumbprint Cookies. These elegant cookies are beautiful to look at, and delightful to eat. Tart, sweet and drizzled with white chocolate, you can't go wrong when you serve these cookies.
Filed Under: Life at Silver Hill
Mira Roberts studied writing at New York University, graduating with a BA in English Literature before pursuing a career in media, marketing and management with PARADE Magazine, Portfolio Magazine, AltDaily, skirt! and lululemon athletica. A full time mother, writing instructor and part-time freelance writer, Mira lives and laughs with her family in Norfolk, VA.
comments powered by Disqus