Budget-Friendly Recipes You’ll Love
Even the most experienced and nuanced cooks know that cooking healthy recipes with a variety of fresh ingredients can be good for your body, but not as much for your bank account. Cooking at home certainly saves money over eating out, but if saving money on your grocery bill each week is a priority, it’s important to know how to prepare and cook meals that meet your budget goals.
We’ve scoured the internet in search of delicious, simple recipes that will satisfy your breakfast, lunch, dinner and snack needs. We made sure to look for recipes that incorporate ingredients you likely already keep around your pantry, and chose recipes that don’t require you to spend exorbitant amounts of cash on exotic rubs or cuts of meat.
Maintaining a balanced diet and a balanced bank account truly is attainable with preparation and creative, delicious and simple recipes. Enjoy each of these tasty, budget-friendly meal ideas all year round, and save big on calories and dollars and cents!
- Whole Wheat Zucchini Muffins. These muffins couldn’t be easier to make, and with simple, fresh and healthy ingredients, your body and your bank account will swoon. If you already keep basic baking ingredients on hand (think baking powder, baking soda, whole wheat flour, etc.), then you’re halfway there. Add in a banana, applesauce, fresh zukes, and you’ll be on your way to a perfect breakfast bite or a healthy afternoon snack.
- Crustless Vegetable Quiche. This delightful, healthy quiche is packed with protein and fiber, and will incorporate your bounty of fresh vegetables nicely. You can use the veggies listed in the recipe, or when you want to cut back, dice up the veggies you already have stored in your refrigerator as a substitute. One of the things we love about quiche recipes is how easy it is to throw almost anything into it, and feel satisfied.
- Orange-Glazed Chicken. This zesty, borderline spicy chicken dish is for nights when you really want to mix it up and try something entirely new. Sweet orange marmalade and red pepper flakes give this dish a delicious kick.
- Honey-Glazed Pork Tenderloin. This hearty, delicious and satisfying meal doesn’t sound budget-friendly, but it most certainly is. Sweet and savory flavors merge together in this easy-to-prepare, honey-glazed pork tenderloin dish that will leave you with leftovers for lunch the next day.
- One Pot Pasta with Tomato Basil Sauce. This dish is easy and inexpensive. Throw all of your budget-friendly ingredients into a pot, and 25 minutes later, enjoy a delicious, savory bowl of pasta.
- Mediterranean Salad with Green Beans and Feta. We could eat this salad almost every day with its zesty flavors, crunchy texture and satisfying ingredients. Perfect for a light lunch or as a side to leftovers or soup at dinner, you’ll want to turn to this salad just about anytime you need maximum nutrition without maximum spending.
- Chopped Salad with Tuna. This simple yet satisfying salad recipe is a perfect lunch or light dinner on nights when you need to use up fresh greens. You can substitute cooked chicken, or another protein of your choice, as long as you make sure to chop everything up into nice, even chunks (the secret to a perfect chopped salad is in the chopping!).
- Patty Melt with Pickled Onion Salad. An easy, satisfying meal for lunch or dinner, this patty melt is healthy comfort food at its best. Mix it up with your favorite bread and cheese (we prefer cheddar), and you can turn to this economical meal at least once a week.